TransSOL Summer School “Solidarity Beyond Borders”
Summer school “Solidarity beyond borders” is a 7-day course encompassing various theoretical and methodological aspects of transnational solidarity. It will address such topics as: the legal basis of solidarity within the EU, network analysis on solidarity, research on Transnational Alternative Organisations, solidarity in public discourse, and more. Participants — PhD and advanced MA students — will have a unique opportunity to take part in seminars and workshops provided by leading European scholars working on solidarity issues. Students will also be offered comments and discussion on their own papers related to transnational solidarity. 4 ECTS points, a “transcript of record” and a certificate of attendance will be granted to participants.
- Summer school dates: 3-9 July 2017
- Application deadline: 22 January 2017
- Notification of outcomes and awarded grants: 15 February 2017
Call for Applications
The call for applications is now closed and the recruitment and evaluation process is completed. 30 successful candidates were invited to the Summer School.
Warsaw University, main campus (city centre), Collegium Iuridicum III WPiA UW
Oboźna 6 street, r. 102, Warsaw, Poland
- Summer school is open to PhD and advanced MA students from all over the world studying political science, sociology, economics, media, geography, anthropology, education, etc.
- Candidates are requested to fill out the application form and send a 300-word abstract of their own scientific paper on solidarity-related issues. Papers addressing the topic of EU transnational solidarity are particularly welcome. The 20 who are accepted are required to submit a full paper by 10 June 2017. Applications, including the article abstract, should be sent to: email@example.com by 15 January 2017.
- Good command of English is required.
- Successful candidates will be required to read the assigned literature and actively take part in workshops.
- Summer school is free of charge.
- No accommodation costs are covered, but 4 accommodation grants will be funded.
For more detailed information, please write to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Summer school timetable
- A teaching day will be divided into a morning teaching block (9:00am – 12:30pm), including a 1.5-hour lecture and a 1.5-hour workshop, and an afternoon block (2:00pm-5:30pm), when students’ papers will be presented and discussed.
- Summer school will start on Monday (3 July 2017) with a keynote lecture.
- An additional practice-oriented workshop will take place the following Thursday.
- timetable of the summer school
Please find detailed information on our summer school courses here: course descriptions.